Tuesday, June 3, 2014

MH-370- eyewitness account?

In her account, Katherine Tee has described seeing "an elongated plane glowing bright orange, with a trail of black smoke behind it", heading from north to south.
...
With all the wonders of modern technology they still have no clue about what happened to the plane. But astonishingly enough, there may have been an eyewitness. Is she credible? That is now the million dollar question.
....She said: "I saw something that looked like a plane on fire. That's what I thought it was. Then, I thought I must be mad ... It caught my attention because I had never seen a plane with orange lights before, so I wondered what they were.
......

A British woman who was sailing near Indonesia at the time Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 disappeared has said she believes she saw the plane "burning" and billowing smoke before it crashed in the southern Indian Ocean.


An eyewitness account from yachting enthusiast Katherine Tee, 41, has now been filed with the Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) leading the search based in Australia, which is yet to find any trace of the missing jet.

In her account, Katherine Tee has described seeing "an elongated plane glowing bright orange, with a trail of black smoke behind it", heading from north to south.

The object was flying at "about half the height" of two other flights in the same patch of sky at the time, she said, in a series of posts detailing the sighting on the yachting website Cruisers Forum, where Katherine Tee is a moderator.

 She later told the Phuket Gazette that she initially dismissed the incident as being "just a meteor" or even a figment of her imagination — until a recent check of GPS logs confirmed that the plane's projected track may have taken it very close to where the yacht was sailing at the time.
"This is what convinced me to file a report with the full track data for our voyage to the relevant authorities," she said.

As for whether or not what Katherine Tee saw really was a burning plane, she has admitted on the forum that she was going through a particularly stressful part of the journey at the time, including difficulties in her marriage, and that her judgment may have been impaired.

She said: "I saw something that looked like a plane on fire. That's what I thought it was. Then, I thought I must be mad ... It caught my attention because I had never seen a plane with orange lights before, so I wondered what they were.

"There were two other planes passing well above it — moving the other way — at that time. They had normal navigation lights. I remember thinking that if it was a plane on fire that I was seeing, the other aircraft would report it."

When the pair arrived in Phuket everyone was talking about the missing jet, and asked if they had seen anything. Ms Tee said she told them what had happened, but that she "didn't think anyone would believe me when I was having trouble believing my own eyes".

The JOCC has reportedly told Katherine Tee it will use her data logs alongside those of the British satellite operator Inmarsat in its ongoing investigation The JOCC has reportedly told Ms Tee it will use her data logs alongside those of the British satellite operator Inmarsat in its ongoing investigation "I didn't even consider putting out a Mayday at the time. Imagine what an idiot I would have looked like if I was mistaken, and I believed I was."

She has now filed two reports to the JACC, which she said had replied to say her data logs would be looked into. The Phuket Gazette reported that officials are yet to confirm the account will be investigated in full.

.....


....
Link: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/MH370-search-British-sailor-may-be-last-to-see-lost-jet-after-reporting-burning-plane-with-trail-of-black-smoke-over-Indian-Ocean/articleshow/36006286.cms
.....

regards

No comments:

Post a Comment