Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Recent pieces by my Dad

The truth is so bitter - iqbal.latif
The parallels between the stories of Enkidu/Shamhat and Adam/Eve have been long recognised by scholars. A man is created from the soil by a god, and lives in a natural setting amongst the animals. He is introduced to a woman who tempts him. In both stories the man accepts food from the woman, covers his nakedness, and must leave his former realm, unable to return. The presence of a snake that steals a plant of immortality from the hero later in the epic is another point of similarity. **

Lessons from History: Putin the Oil trader, the Oligarchs and the Opium Wars - An account of why Russians always need a Czar like Putin - iqbal.latif
They [US and EU] want to make Putin a pauper, and it is personal.  Putin may soon realise that these sanctions are personal now; when one has large business interests to protect, one cannot have large national ambitions to disseminate. Putin is not only the Russian popular le …

"An idea that is not expounded or written, is as good an idea that never was..." - iqbal.latif
I handle evils within me. I don't like to point fingers at others when the other three point back towards me. Look at your burdens before you point fingers at my sins. You cannot hurt me anymore; you have already tried hard to break me. I am now pain-free. ______________________ …

Why our Islamic history is so bloodied - iqbal.latif
  No one kills the grandsons of their prophet with a kind of impunity that you did; and you are proud of it? There was no CIA agent in 'Haqifah Bani Saydah'' when rights were usurped. The seizure of the rights from day one and Islam never came out of that schism. The hatred …

No comments:

Post a Comment